|Event Start Date:|
November 4, 2019
|Event End Date:|
November 7, 2019
Presented by: the Hawai’i Tourism Authority
Time: 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
Location: One symposium will be held on each day, on each island.
Please register through your location’s link by October 29th:
The state of Hawai`i is world renowned as a culturally authentic and unique destination for honeymoons and family vacations. The truth is that every day in Hawai`i, keiki are being targeted, exploited, and sold right here on our islands. Together, we will say “NO” to criminals exploiting people. Not on our property and not in our islands.
Symposium Recommended For:
- Visitor industry management, including the following roles from hotels, transportation, and businesses that work in the tourism sector: General Managers, Human Resources Management, Hospitality Management, Security Management, Customer Service/Front Desk Management, and leaders in tourism.
- Law enforcement who are the first responders in supporting the visitor industry
- Defining Trafficking and Exploitation
- Tourism Industry Key Partners in Protecting Our Community
- Responding, Reporting, and Action Steps
Featured Speakers are From:
- Polaris: This organization operates the National Human Trafficking Hotline and is a global leader in anti-trafficking.
- BEST (Businesses Ending Slavery & Trafficking): This organization works to align and equip leaders to use the power of business to prevent human trafficking.
- Law Enforcement: Local officials will share about their role in combating the crime of trafficking in our state on the federal and state levels.
Registration Closes October 29, 2019 at 12:00p.m.
For press inquiries please contact EPR, Erika Kauffman at email@example.com or 808.7795477