Be Part of the Solution
Volunteers are the backbone of Hoʻōla Nā Pua and play an important role in our mission to provide a safe home for underage female victims of sex trafficking in Hawaii. They are working professionals, parents, college and high school students, retirees, event organizers, fundraisers, and more. We have several volunteer opportunities listed below and will have many more in the years to come, as we get closer to opening the home. If there isn’t something offered presently that is a good fit with your unique skills and interests, please subscribe to our newsletter to stay updated with our progress and any new volunteer opportunities.
Follow these simple steps to become a volunteer:
- Complete the volunteer application (to the right) and identify the area that best suits your experience, skills, and interest. Please add “Additional Comments” to help us better understand your interests. While we will have many more volunteer opportunities once our facility is open (estimated early 2018), right now, we are most in need of individuals with experience and interest in fundraising.
- Digitally sign volunteer handbook, liability waiver, and confidentiality agreement HERE. All volunteers will be asked to digitally sign that they’ve read all three documents, and may also be asked to submit a resume.
- Attend a required volunteer orientation, which includes an educational presentation about sex trafficking, and an introduction to our organization and volunteer opportunities. Visit our Events page to find out when the next volunteer training and orientation is scheduled.
- Educate yourself. It is important that we all know the facts and speak the same language as we engage our community to rise up to this issue. Please read the Our Story, Education, and Our Projects sections of our website to learn about the issue and our mission
- Join the conversation. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to stay up to date on news and upcoming events
Want to learn more before you sign-up to volunteer? Contact us today and our volunteer coordinator will answer any questions.
VOLUNTEER AREA OF INTEREST:
Community Advocates: Attend public awareness events at churches, conferences, and special events and help staff our informational table to educate attendees about our mission. Regional Coordinators are also needed to coordinate Community Advocate teams.
Donor Advocates: Under the guidance of Regional Coordinators and Volunteer Manager plan fundraisers, establish strategic partnerships with local businesses, and utilize personal networks to directly fundraise for Hoʻōla Nā Pua.
Communications and Marketing: Write blogs, news releases, and newsletters; provide graphic design assistance for marketing collateral, plan social media campaigns. Help set up AV equipment at events, take video and photos at events, and edit videos and photos. Assist with maintenance and development of website, including database and content management system.
Grant Research, Writing & Reading: Research and identify grant sources and write grant proposals.
Construction & Property Improvement: Help with all aspects of home building, including construction, painting, interior design, cleaning, landscaping, and more.
Legislation: Draft, submit, and coordinate testimony, testify at legislative hearings, and provide administrative assistance to team leader. Learn More